Flexible Funding Grants - $20 million
Flexible Funding Grants will support local recovery and resilience building activities.
Grants will assist communities to:
- reduce future risks to natural disasters
- promote connectedness and encourage support networks and social inclusion
- support and promote opportunities for sustainable economic recovery
- support business and service provider continuity
- promote preparedness and resilience to future disasters.
Previous flexible funding grants have resulted in community awareness and education programs, resilience plans, community infrastructure upgrades, and community events to build community cohesion.
This program is currently under development.
Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy (DCHDE)
- Local governments
- Non-government organisations
- Community groups
In the 37 LGAs activated for assistance following the Central, Southern and Western Queensland Rainfall and Flooding, Ex-Tropical Cyclone Seth and South East Queensland Rainfall and Flooding events.
Jointly funded (50:50) by the Queensland and Australian Governments under Category C of the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).