Queensland Disaster Resilience and Mitigation Investment Framework
The Queensland Disaster Resilience and Mitigation Investment Framework (the Framework) provides guidance on effective investment decision-making and prioritisation to support disaster resilience and mitigation across Queensland.
To make Queensland the most disaster resilient state in Australia, we need to be able to recognise our vulnerabilities, we need to be adaptable and to invest in disaster risk reduction and mitigation to increase our resilience.
The Framework embraces the guiding principles of the Queensland Strategy for Disaster Resilience (QSDR) and enables the four QSDR objectives:
- Queenslanders understand their disaster risk
- Strengthened disaster risk management
- Queenslanders are invested in disaster risk reduction
- There is continuous improvement in disaster preparedness, response and recovery.
The purpose of the Framework is to:
- support decision-makers in the assessment and prioritisation of infrastructure-based resilience and mitigation investments and non-infrastructure or community resilience
- establish a consistent statewide approach to recognising how an investment contributes value to Queensland’s resilience agenda
- guide Queensland Government agencies in the development of strategic and detailed funding guidelines for allocation of funding for disaster resilience through provides guidance on effective investment decision-mainvestment in disaster risk reduction, mitigation and adaptation
- create a targeted approach to building resilience through clear principles for decision-making and prioritisation of investments in disaster risk reduction, mitigation and adaptation that can be applied across the public, private and community sectors
- facilitate progress of investment in disaster risk reduction, mitigation and adaptation by acting as both a link and enabler between existing Queensland policy documents, funding sources, guidelines, and approaches to investment and procurement
- recognise national and international disaster risk reduction, mitigation and adaptation approaches, including the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction and the National Disaster Risk Reduction Framework (NDRRF).
QRA tabled the Queensland Disaster Resilience and Mitigation Investment Framework to the State Disaster Coordination Group in February 2019, following positive engagement with partner agencies.