Our role in recovery
The Queensland Reconstruction Authority (QRA) is the lead agency responsible for disaster recovery in Queensland.
Our recovery role is to:
- assist local communities to recover sooner from disasters and maximise recovery and resilience outcomes for the state
- coordinate programs that support and build disaster relief and recovery readiness, capability and resilience at the local level
- provide responsive and integrated services to communities before, during and after natural disasters.
Our key recovery activities include:
- Damage Assessment and Reconstruction Monitoring system (DARMsys™)
- Disaster recovery policy and planning
- Recovery capability development
- State Recovery Coordinator
- State Recovery Plans
- Support for Local Recovery Plans
- Recovery support and collaboration.