Request a disaster funding activation
Local governments or state agencies that have been impacted by, or responded to an eligible disaster, may request activation of two funding relief measures under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA):
- Counter Disaster Operations (CDO) and or
- Reconstruction of Essential Public Assets (REPA), which automatically activates Emergency Works and Immediate Reconstruction Works for the relevant event.
Activation of the remaining DRFA relief measures must be requested by the relevant state government department. The only exception is Category D, as this is dependent upon the type of assistance being requested.
To request activation, the local government or state agency is required to:
- outline the impact from the disaster and the coordinated multi-agency response
- detail the relevant relief measure/s sought
- detail any additional activation criteria necessary to activate a specific relief measure
- provide supporting documentation to assist with detailing the disaster impact to the community, for example: situation reports, Local Disaster Management Group meeting minutes, road closure reports, photos.
Requesting activations - events from 1 November 2018
Local governments and state agencies can request activation via the QRA MARS Portal or via email:
- QRA MARS Portal - Log into the MARS portal, select ‘activation requests’ and follow the steps to enter the details necessary to request activation. Refer to the Activations and submission preparation user guide for more information.
- Email - Download and complete the Activation request form and email to DRFA@qra.qld.gov.au.
Requesting activations - events prior to 1 November 2018 (NDRRA)
Local governments and state agencies can request activation for disaster events prior to via email:
- Download and complete the Activation request form.
- Email to DRFA@qra.qld.gov.au.