Cyclone and Storm Tide Resilient Building Guidance for Queensland Homes
Cyclones are powerful weather systems that can cause significant damage to the built and natural environments. They generate severe winds, strong rain, riverine and flash flooding, as well as storm tides.
The Cyclone Resilient Building Guidance for Queensland Homes relates to Queensland homes located within 50 kilometres of the coastline north of Bundaberg, which need to be strong enough to withstand cyclonic winds.
The Storm Tide Resilient Building Guidance for Queensland Homes builds on the cyclone guide to incorporate storm tide considerations for northern Queensland homes located within 100 to 200 metres of an open shoreline.
These guides provide information about:
- the impacts of cyclones and storm tides on homes
- wind classifications for cyclone prone areas
- resilient design and construction tips for new and existing homes in cyclone prone areas
- cyclone and storm tide resilient building products and systems
- tips for repairing or rebuilding cyclone damaged homes.