Building capacity in recovery and resilience through expert leadership and partnerships
Building capacity in recovery and resilience through expert leadership and partnerships is one of the three organisational objectives in the Queensland Reconstruction Authority (QRA) Strategic Plan 2021-25 .
The strategies, outcomes and key performance indicators under this objective are outlined below.
- Forge trusted, reciprocal and robust relationships with community leaders, thought-leaders, and local, state, commonwealth and international partners in relief, recovery and resilience.
- Assist local governments and communities build knowledge and capability that drives best practice in recovery and building resilience.
- Influence and enhance the development of national relief, recovery and resilience policy. Produce evidence based data, analytics and evaluative materials that are useful to, and used by, communities and decision makers.
- Develop QRA people’s capability and support their wellbeing to meet our strategic objectives.
- Queensland’s next Strategy for Disaster Resilience 2022–2030 is delivered.
- An integrated community recovery network to drive recovery and continuously improve resilience.
- A roadmap for recovery and resilience priorities and funding through greater access to data and expert knowledge.
- QRA is respected and consulted for its body of knowledge and expertise in relief, recovery and resilience at a national and international level.
- A safe, healthy and inclusive workplace that reflects and supports innovative work practices that positively influence our people and their capacity to deliver for the communities we serve.
- Increased integration of local, state, commonwealth and private sector in supporting community recovery.
Key performance indicators
- Improved quality, quantity and access to state wide data that supports recovery and resilience building.
- Positive and constructive feedback from local governments and community leaders through survey results.
- Evidence of influence in state and national policy agenda in disaster recovery and resilience.
- Positive Working for Queensland results above Queensland Public Sector average.