Rebuilding, recovering and reconnecting disaster affected communities
Rebuilding, recovering and reconnecting disaster affected communities is one of the three organisational objectives in the Queensland Reconstruction Authority (QRA) Strategic Plan 2021-25 .
The strategies, outcomes and key performance indicators under this objective are outlined below.
- Coordinate delivery of responsive recovery activities that incorporate risk reduction, resilience building and betterment as business as usual.
- Foster partnerships that build the capacity and capability of local government to respond to disaster and facilitate timely recovery.
- Streamline grant funding systems and regulatory frameworks to ensure support is responsive, relevant and accountable.
- Deliver value for money and strong governance in administering state and Commonwealth funding programs.
- Queensland communities are reconnected and functioning as soon as possible after a disaster.
- Infrastructure is functional and more resilient to disaster.
- Local governments and other delivery agents are capable and confident in delivering local reconstruction and recovery programs.
Key performance indicators
- 100% completion of reconstruction and recovery projects within required timeframes.
- 100% reimbursement of Queensland’s Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements claim to the Commonwealth.
- Reduction in costs of impacts to communities of future disasters.
- Measurable efficiencies through process improvements that enhance stakeholder experience.