Rural Residential Recovery Program
The Commonwealth and Queensland Governments have jointly funded up to $1.5 million under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements for the Rural Residential Recovery Program.
This program is delivered by Australian Red Cross, and is jointly funded by the Commonwealth and Queensland governments.
If your residence was affected by the 2018 Central Queensland Bushfires, you may be eligible for assistance of up to $10,000 to help pay for (or reimburse for) clean-up activities, damages or losses that are beyond the vicinity of your residential house.
This includes (but is not limited to) the removal and disposal of debris, damaged material and deceased livestock, and repairing or replacing the fodder, fencing and essential water infrastructure.
To be eligible:
- You are the owner and/or tenant of a rural residential property and have suffered direct damage from the 2018 central Queensland Bushfires (specific suburbs only - please review guidelines)
- You live or own property two hectares or larger, but not receive the majority of your income from primary production
- You have personally faced costs for clean-up activities, losses or damages beyond the vicinity of your residential house
- You have a record of tax invoices and proof of payments (or quotes) for clean-up activities, losses or damages that collectively exceed a minimum of $250 and a maximum of $10,000
- You have not received, or are entitled to receive, assistance under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements, or preceding disaster recovery programs, in the capacity of a primary producer or small business owner
- You have not received, or are entitled to receive, a payment under a policy of insurance.
Applying for funding
Please complete the application form and send with supporting material to Australian Red Cross:
Emergency Services – CQ Bushfires
PO Box 1822
MILTON QLD 4064