$36.8 million Local Economic Recovery Program - Category D
The Local Economic Recovery (LER) Program aims to support projects that contribute to local and regional economic and social recovery in areas most severely impacted by the 2019 Queensland Bushfires.
The funding is jointly provided by the Australian and Queensland governments through Category D of the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
Eligible applicants include:
- local governments and Queensland Government departments and agencies undertaking projects in the following local government areas
- Scenic Rim
- Lockyer Valley
- Southern Downs
- Ipswich City
- Mareeba Shire
- Noosa Shire
- Sunshine Coast
The objective of this funding is to support projects that enable economic and social recovery.
Projects agreed for co-funding under the LER Program may fall into one or more of the following categories and could include initiatives across economic, social, built and natural environment recovery domains that produce enduring benefits and improve future resilience within local communities.
- Enabling infrastructure
- Industry and business development
- Social development
- Natural environment and resource development
- Built environment adaptation
A list of the successful projects is available.
The map below also shows all successful projects.
Delivery and acquittal - state agencies and councils
- Progress reporting and close out of a submission can be done in the MARS Portal following completion of works and full expenditure. Refer to the MARS Portal user guide - Progress reporting and close outs
- When preparing the close out, the following should be attached as supporting documents on the submission details page of the MARS Portal:
- Photos of completed works (asset projects only).
- For assistance in completing the close out submission, please contact your Regional Liaison Officer (RLO).
For questions in relation to the program, please email email@example.com or phone (07) 3008 7200.