MARS - Disaster funding application portal
The new disaster funding application portal for Queensland councils and state agencies
What is MARS?
MARS is the Management and Reporting System developed by the Queensland Reconstruction Authority (QRA) to support councils and state agencies with disaster funding applications.
The system is shared by QRA and funding applicants, with the aim of improving efficiency in lodging and assessing disaster claims. MARS will be used for events activated under the Australian Government’s Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
For events occurring after 1 November 2018, authorised users will be able to log in to the MARS Portal to:
- request activation for disaster relief measures
- build and lodge submissions and supporting evidence
- prepare and lodge progress reports and close out documentation
- view information on trigger points, activation history and more.
What will organisations see when they use MARS?
Organisations will have access to the same views and functionality as QRA assessors, including multipanel views and integration with mapping technology to support better quality submissions and assessments.
Each organisation can view their own digital road network on a map and see submission and assessment information displayed geographically. This integration with mapping means MARS can offer validation messages based on the data provided. Users have the opportunity to address anomalies or data gaps prior to lodgement, supporting a smooth assessment process.
User guides and forms
- For information on how to Access MARS, including the MARS user access form and other useful documents, visit the MARS User Guides and Forms page.
Councils and state agencies please contact your QRA Regional Liaison Officer to discuss your preparations for using MARS.
All other enquiries, please contact email@example.com.