State Recovery Plans
The Queensland Reconstruction Authority (QRA) is responsible for developing event-specific state recovery plans with support from the Functional Recovery Groups.
The Queensland Recovery Plan
The purpose of the Queensland Recovery Plan (.pdf | 1.3MB) is to:
- ensure recovery operations are integrated, locally led and appropriate to the scale of the disaster event
- outline recovery requirements for operations, planning and arrangements at the local, district and state level
- drive a collaborative and coordinated approach across all functions of recovery, all levels of government and whole of community
- describe the arrangements for transition from response to recovery
- articulate the roles and responsibilities of the State Recovery Policy and Planning Coordinator (SRPPC) and the State Recovery Coordinator/s (SRC)
- enable optimum recovery outcomes for disaster-impacted communities
- inform the development of local, district and state recovery plans, tools and structures
- clarify the roles and responsibilities of functional lead agencies in recovery
- promote and support the enhancement of resilience through recovery.
The Queensland Recovery Plan (.pdf | 1.3MB) is:
- consistent with the:
- in alignment with the Emergency Management Assurance Framework
- a sub-plan to the Queensland State Disaster Management Plan (.pdf | 7.4MB)
- an all-hazards approach to disasters
- a key guidance instrument for disaster recovery in Queensland to enable better recovery outcomes for impacted communities.
State Recovery Plan 2017-19: Operation Queensland Recovery
State Recovery Plan 2017-19: Operation Queensland Recovery (.pdf | 5.3MB) outlines the guiding principles that define Severe Tropical Cyclone (STC Debbie) recovery success, Queensland’s framework for recovery, and the enduring partnerships for locally-led recovery to reconnect and rebuild more resilient communities.
The Plan aligns with the Queensland Recovery Plan and builds on existing recovery approaches in recognising that communities are best placed to develop and implement local plans that meet their own recovery needs. It outlines a clear commitment that the Queensland Government will work with local governments and communities to ensure impacted people, communities and businesses get the resources and support they need, when they need it.