State Recovery Policy and Planning Coordinator
The Chief Executive Officer of the Queensland Reconstruction Authority is the State Recovery Policy and Planning Coordinator (SRPPC).
The SRPPC role includes:
- Standing as State Recovery Coordinator (SRC)
- Engaging collaboratively with all stakeholders to ensure recovery activities provide the best outcomes for the people of Queensland in terms of timeliness, quality of service and advice to government.
- Ensuring better preparedness of government entities and the community for recovery operations.
- Leading recovery planning, policy and recovery capability development to ensure effective recovery operations and coordination.
- Overseeing the effective delivery of relief and immediate recovery operations until a SRC is appointed.
- Facilitating the provision of local recovery planning and operations support, when requested by the impacted LDMGs/LRGs.
- Ensuring continual improvements in disaster recovery policies, procedures and planning.
- Overseeing state level preparedness for recovery operations.
- Managing and resourcing a newly appointed SRC and is available for consultation with the SRC/Deputy SRCs throughout the duration of their appointment.
- In the lead up to a disaster (if possible), and during disaster response operations attends QDMC and State Disaster Coordination Group (SDCG) meetings, and liaises with the State Disaster Coordinator (SDC).
- Working with the SDC to ensure smooth transition from response operations to recovery operations.
- Working with stakeholders to collaboratively implement the delivery of resilience building measures and ongoing resilience continuous improvement.
- Ensuring a review of disaster recovery operations is conducted after an event.