Riparian and Coastal Recovery Program
The objective of the Riparian Recovery Program is to provide funding assistance under the DRFA to:
- identify environmental impacts from the North and Far North Queensland Monsoon Trough 2019; and
- rehabilitate, stabilise and restore riverine, wetland, riparian and coastal environments affected by the event.
The outcomes that this will achieve are in line with the Australian and New Zealand School of Government environmental recovery outcomes specified in ‘A Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for Disaster Recovery Programs’ (March 2016), and include:
- the natural environment operates to maintain or restore healthy biodiversity and ecosystems
- recovery actions do not generate further risk to the environment
- protection and management of waterways, the Great Barrier Reef and Gulf of Carpentaria for the enjoyment of current and future generations
- restoration of flood-impacted areas to a more resilient landscape an increased understanding of the risk of future disasters on the environment and an improvement in the ability of the environment to resist impact and recover from disaster events.
Department of Environment and Science