Community Assets Program
Clean-up and repair of community and recreational assets and facilities
The purpose of the jointly funded Australian and Queensland Government (50:50) Community Assets Program is to clean up and repair community and recreational assets damaged as a direct result of the North and Far North Queensland Monsoon Trough, 25 January – 14 February 2019 (Monsoon Trough).
The Community Assets Program is a component of the jointly funded, exceptional circumstances Category C & D package approved under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA) 2018, following the Monsoon Trough.
The objectives of the Community Assets Program are to:
- enable local governments and state agencies to clean-up and repair recreational assets and facilities that have been damaged by the Monsoon Trough and are considered ineligible for DRFA Category B restoration funding
- enable not-for-profit sport and recreational organisations to repair facilities damaged by the Monsoon Trough and resume service delivery to the community, and
- contribute to the restoration of social and community networks, accelerate community recovery and relieve distress caused by the event.
- Queensland Reconstruction Authority
- Department of Housing and Public Works, Sport and Recreation
- Local government and state agencies
- Not for Profit sport and recreation organisations
Key dates for Local Governments and State Agencies
- Expressions of Interest (EOI) close: 19 July 2019
- Successful project announcement: TBA
Key dates for Not for Profit Sport and Recreation Organisations
- Please note: Not for Profit Sport and Recreation Organisations assessed as damaged by the Department of Housing and Public Works in the wake of the Monsoon Trough have already been identified for this funding.
Lodging an EOI
EOIs for Local Governments and State Agencies are lodged via QRA's MARS Portal.
More information about lodging EOI applications in MARS is available here.
Information about the MARS Portal is available here.
- Queensland Reconstruction Authority: Submissions@qra.qld.gov.au
- Department of Housing and Public Works, Sport and Recreation.