Water and Sewerage Infrastructure Program
The purpose of the jointly Australian and Queensland Government funded (50:50) Water and Sewerage Infrastructure Program is to alleviate distress and accelerate recovery of those communities impacted by the devastating effects of the North and Far North Queensland Monsoon Trough, 25 January – 14 February 2019 (Monsoon Trough).
The Water and Sewerage Infrastructure Program is one component of a jointly funded, exceptional circumstances Category C & D funding package approved under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA) 2018.
The objectives of the Water and Sewerage Infrastructure Program are to provide Category D DRFA funding to enable eligible local governments to:
- restore essential water and sewerage infrastructure that was damaged by the Monsoon Trough event that is considered ineligible for DRFA Category B funding and ensure essential services are delivered to the community, accelerating recovery and relieving distress.
- Queensland Reconstruction Authority (QRA)
The Water and Sewerage Infrastructure Program guidelines provide detailed information about the package.
Lodging a detailed submission
Detailed submissions can now be prepared and lodged with QRA using the following steps
- Refer to the guidelines for information required to complete and lodge a detailed submission
- Send the completed Water and Sewerage Infrastructure Program form along with supporting documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should you need assistance in completing the detailed submission, please contact your Regional Liaison Officer (RLO).
Lodging of detailed submissions close: 30 November 2019