Weeds and Pest Management Program
The objective of the Weeds and Pest Management Program is to provide funding assistance under the DRFA to help eradicate and manage weeds and pests that have developed as a direct result of the Monsoon Trough 2019.
The outcomes that this will achieve are in line with the Australian and New Zealand School of Government environmental recovery outcomes specified in ‘A Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for Disaster Recovery Programs’ (March 2016), and include:
- the natural environment operates to maintain or restore healthy biodiversity and ecosystems
- recovery actions do not generate further risk to the environment
- restoration of flood-impacted areas to a more resilient landscape an increased understanding of the risk of future disasters on the environment and an improvement in the ability of the environment to resist impact and recover from disaster events.
- Department of Environment and Science
- Department of Agriculture and Fisheries