Community Mental Health Package - $1 million
Funding of $1 million is available to engage service providers to deliver a series of community-led mental health and wellbeing events in the worst affected local government areas (LGAs) following the Northern and Central Queensland Monsoon and Flooding event (20 December 2022 - 30 April 2023).
These initiatives will support local, face-to-face mental health counselling, and wellbeing services and projects to help impacted communities recover from this natural disaster.
The package aims to:
- Give community members direct access to mental health support services
- Bring community together to build connectedness and resilience
- Improve local capacity and capability to better respond to future disasters
Funding will be provided through targeted grants to organisations who have demonstrated experience in delivering mental health and community wellbeing activities within these LGAs.
- Boulia Shire Council
- Burke Shire Council
- Carpentaria Shire Council
- Doomadgee Aboriginal Shire Council
- Mount Isa City Council
Department of Treaty, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships, Communities and the Arts (DTATSIPCA)