Tourism Recovery Program
The purpose of the jointly funded Australian and Queensland Government (50:50) Tourism Recovery Program is to support the recovery of areas of the state that rely heavily on tourism to recover from the devastating effects of the North and Far North Queensland Monsoon Trough, 25 January – 14 February 2019 (Monsoon Trough) and to plan for future events.
The Tourism Recovery Program is a component of the jointly funded, exceptional circumstances Category C & D package approved under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA) 2018, following the Monsoon Trough.
The Tourism Recovery Program will be delivered under the following:
- Event Resilience and Sustainability Program
- Tourism Business Resilience Program
- Outback Tourism Education Program Expansion
- Regional Queensland Tourism Product and Expanded Infrastructure Program
- Department of Innovation, Tourism Industry Development and the Commonwealth Games