2021-22 Betterment Fund - $170 million
The Queensland Government has established a $170 million Betterment Fund ($150 million under DRFA Category D and $20 million DRFA Category E) that will be available across local government areas in Queensland impacted in the 2021-22 disaster season. It is jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland governments.
Event damaged assets in local government areas activated under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA) for Category B Reconstruction of Essential Public Assets (REPA) assistance may be eligible under this fund.
The objectives of the 2021-22 Betterment Fund are to restore essential public assets damaged in 2021-22 events to a more resilient standard:
- so infrastructure and communities are more resilient to future disasters
- so future costs associated with disasters are reduced
- to address Queensland’s assessed natural hazard risks
- in alignment with the National Strategy for Disaster Resilience and the Queensland Strategy for Disaster Resilience objectives of strengthened disaster risk management and investment in disaster risk reduction.
Eligible applicants are local governments and state agencies with assets that are eligible for Category B REPA funding for DRFA activated events in 2021-22 (refer to Annexure 2 of the Guidelines lists Activated 2021-22 events).
Eligible projects are betterment works proposed for assets that:
- meet the DRFA definition of an essential public asset
- have sustained damage as a direct result of an event listed above
- meet all eligibility requirements for DRFA REPA funding under the event.
To access the 2021-22 Betterment Fund requirements download the following:
Lodging a detailed submission
- Applicants will be required to prepare and lodge the betterment project with a corresponding REPA submission, including a completed betterment project application - refer to Queensland Betterment Guideline Annexure 1.
Betterment projects should be lodged at the time of lodging the corresponding REPA submission, unless otherwise agreed with QRA. REPA submissions may be submitted to QRA up until 31 March 2023, although it is anticipated Betterment funding will be exhausted before this time.
For enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org