$30 million in funding is available to state agencies and local councils to assist with the cost of clean-up, removal and disposal of otherwise ineligible flood-related debris for communities affected by the South East Queensland Rainfall and Flooding, 22 February - 7 March 2022.
Clean-up costs include, but are not limited to:
Flood-related debris includes but is not limited to:
- commercial and building debris
- housing debris
- chemical waste
- animal carcasses
- green waste.
Areas ineligible for clean up under Counter Disaster Operations or Emergency works include but are not limited to:
- business, commercial, agricultural, industrial and residential areas
- natural assets (examples include: national parks, waterways, along waterway banks, creeks, rivers, streams, mangroves and beaches)
- community, cultural, sporting and recreational areas and facilities (examples include: boardwalks, walkways, parks, playgrounds, beach access points, picnic areas, walking tracks, road assets within/leading to a recreational asset, including car park facilities, and associated amenities or infrastructure).
The focus of this assistance is clean-up, removal and disposal of flood-related debris, not rehabilitation or restoration activities.
This program is currently open.
All approved clean up and disposal activities must be completed by 30 December 2022.
All final acquittal reports need to be lodged with QRA by 30 September 2023.
- State agencies
- Local governments
In the 23 LGAs activated for assistance following the South East Queensland Rainfall and Flooding event.
- Seek assistance from your QRA regional Liaison Officer
- Use the Clean-up Grant submission form to gather the necessary data and evidence to establish either:
- actual costs of completed extraordinary clean-up activities, or
- estimated costs of extraordinary clean-up activities yet to be completed.
Queensland Reconstruction Authority (QRA)
$30 million in capped funding. Jointly funded (50:50) by the Queensland and Australian Governments under Category D of the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
For more information phone (07) 3008 7200, or email email@example.com.